Coed Competitive Volleyball
BRSC Competitive Volleyball will target:
Continuity in game play
Precision and proficiency in volleyball skills
Emphasis on Attacking Volleyball (ex: returning a serve means passing, setting and then attack or by all means go on two)
A Competitive Volleyball player might:
Have played volleyball at the collegiate or club level or be experienced otherwise
Be proficient at passing, setting, hitting, serving
Be committed to tactical team play
Rate their skill at 8/10 or better
Bolton Recreational Sports Club Competitive League Play
When: Thursday Nights 7pm - 10pm
Where: Humberview Secondary School
Winter - Fall Season: 11 Weeks
Starts: September 26, 2019
Costs: $100 / player
* All Registration Fees must be paid prior to participation in any club activities
1. All players must abide by the BRSC Fairplay code at all times. This is a competitive league but Fun, Fairness and Safety still come first.
2. Players should call their own violations including "lifts" and "double hits."
3. Plays in dispute may be resolved with a re-serve
4. At least two players from each gender must be on the floor at all times. All teams are responsible for fielding a proper team. If the criteria are not met, a default will be registered and the other team will be awarded a 3 - 0 victory.
5. Matches may be played with a minimum of 4 players and at least 1 from both genders. If these criteria are not met, the game will be registered as a default. At least 4 players from a team's registered roster must be on the floor in order to avoid a default.
6. Net height will be played at the Senior Men's level.
7. Teams will receive 1 points for each set that they win towards their total in the standings as well as one point for the win.
8. Matches will be played up to a maximum of 5 sets to 25 (straight)
9. Spiking, Overhand serves, and jump serves are permitted
10. Back row attacks must start from behind the ATTACK LINE
11. Any Net Contact will result in a point and the ball going to the non-offending team. Net contact must be called by players.
12. When playing with less than 6 players, teams must use a regular rotation
*Rules may be adjusted or added as needed
1. Matches will be played best of 5 sets
2. Points will be awarded to a team for each set won
3. In cases where time expires and more than 11 points are scored by a team, then the leader at that time will be awarded the point for the set.
4. In cases where time expires and neither team has scored at least 11 points, then NO point will be awarded for that set
5. In cases where time expires, and both teams have scored at least 11 points, and the set is tied, NEXT POINT WINS!
6. It is the responsibility of each team to report their scores to the league facilitator
1.Playoffs: league members may only play for their original teams from the regular season
2. Matches will be played best of 3. If the match is won before the hour is up, teams may use the balance of time for fun game play.
The first two sets will be played to 25 points straight
The third set will be played to 25, win by 2; no cap.
3. If games are tied when time runs out, NEXT POINT WINS!!
4. Teams will be allotted one 30 second time out during the 3rd set of any match
5. Matches may be played with a minimum of 4 players and at least 1 from both genders. If these criteria are not met, the game will be registered as a default.
6. If the numbers requirement is met but the gender requirement is not, play may continue, but the opposing team will be furnished with an 11-0 lead to start in the first set.